The Public Sector Pensions Act 2013 introduced a requirement for Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) administering authorities such as Devon County Council, to establish a Pension Board. The purpose of the Pension Board is to assist the administering authority in securing:
- compliance with LGPS and any other relevant legislation
- compliance with requirements imposed by the Pensions Regulator in relation to the LGPS
- the effective and efficient governance and administration of the LGPS
The Devon Pension Board consists of nine persons; four persons representing Devon Pension Fund employers, including two elected members of Devon County Council (as the administering authority), four persons representing Devon Pension Fund members, and one independent person (who does not fall under any of the other categories).
Fund member representatives
- Mr Andrew Bowman
- Mrs Julie Bailey
- Mr Colin Shipp
- Mr Paul Phillips
- Councillor Colin Slade (Chairman)
- Councillor Sara Randall Johnson
- Mr Carl Hearn
- Mr Dominic Walshe
- Mr Rob Jeanes
If you would like to contact a member of the board, please email Charlotte.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Agendas and minutes from meetings of the Pension Board are available on the Democracy in Devon website.
The terms of reference for the Pension Board and the Devon Pension Fund’s Governance Policy are appended below: